Mediabank Privacy Statement
Drafted on 24.5.2018
1. Data controller
Marimekko Corporation (Business ID 0111316-2)
00880 Helsinki Finland
2. Data controller contact information
Global Marketing Coordinator, Sanna Siikarla
Tel. +358 9 758 71
3. Name of the data file
Mediabank (image bank) of Marimekko Corporation data file.
4. Purpose and grounds for processing personal data
The purpose for processing personal data is to provide content (images) the Mediabank of Marimekko. Grounds for processing personal data is based on legitimate interest of Marimekko based on communicating with the users (regarding user ID) and using the content of the Mediabank for PR, communications and marketing purposes, such as:
- Marimekko webpages and webshop
- Marimekko social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube)
- PR media worldwide
- Tv advertising
Marimekko owns the image rights.
5. Content of the data file and the group of the data subjects
The Mediabank data file includes images. The data subjects are models who have a
contract with Marimekko, employees of Marimekko and the users of the Mediabank.
The following information is collected from the Mediabank users:
- User group, e.g. retailers, press, etc.
- First name, last name
- Email address
- Company website
- Description on intended use of images
6. Sources of informationThe source of data is primarily the data subjects.
7. Disclosure and transfer of data and transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA areaMarimekko uses a third party as a system provider for the Mediabank. The system provider acts as a technical provider and data processor of the data file for Marimekko and according to the assignments of Marimekko. We will ensure the reliability of the data processor and the data protection and data security requirements will be agreed in writing with the data processor.
Personal data may be disclosed and transferred within the Marimekko group and to partners or service providers also outside the EU/EEA area for the purpose for processing personal data disclosed in this privacy statement. If personal data is transferred outside the EU/EEA, we will ensure that appropriate contractual measures (e.g. using standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission) are applied to the transfer, the transfer is lawful and that the processing and confidentiality are in compliance with the applicable laws.
8. Principles of the protection and retention periodThe data file can only be accessed by specified persons to the extent of their duties regarding both the data controller and the data processor. The data is retained according to photo-specific terms of the photo rights. The data of the users of Mediabank is reviewed on biannually and the data of nonactive users shall be removed from the data file.
9. Rights of the data subject Right to inspect data and right to demand the rectification of data Data subjects have the right to inspect the data stored in the data file of themselves and to demand rectification and deletion of incorrect information. Such requests should be submitted in writing to the contact person of this data file mentioned in point 2.
Other rightsAccording to the GDPR the data subjects have the right to object, restrict the processing of data and ask for removal of data on themselves and the right to make a complaint on the processing of personal data to the national Data Protection Ombudsman.